Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Royal Easter Show - Part 1

The first ever Show I'd gone to was the Royal Adelaide Show. I wasn't inclined to go to either the Canberra or the Melbourne Show.. because if you've seen one you've seen them all.

Anyhow. When I was new in Sydney, I'd made a cooky friend who took me to the Easter Show for the first time. She showed me how there is this peculiar way to get from Lidcombe to Sydney Olympic Park. And What's super funny is right after the Easter, I joined my last company which required me to use that route everyday. So guess I had a trial run to come here. Its funny how everything new seems intimidating at first.. simple things like getting public transport to work.. and once you get used to it, you could sleep-walk your way and take things for granted.

I went to the Easter show this year as well.. The first time, I went with a few of my friends, it was pouring! There aren't a lot of exciting photos I got from the first visit except these traumatized sheep which looked at us suspectingly when we took shelter against the rain in their enclosure... They weren't very happy to share.. plus all of us friends were scatterred in different parts of the Show and getting us all herded together was more of a priority than staying out of the rain.


The torrent was so bad that I was completely drenched making a dash between buildings... It sucks because I have poor tolerance for cold and the wet clothes + light breeze combination was not helping at all. My shoe laces came undone and while tying them I realized my fingers and toes had gone numb from the cold..  I had to bail on the buds and return home (which luckily is super close) got super soaked on the way back again. Its always super challenging when I"ve let things get as bad as my extermeties get numb... and from there getting my body temperature back up is.. well... scary. So glad my house was close.. I couldn't even peel out of the clothes with the numb hands.. After the boyleg hipsters were off with a lot of difficulty... the hot shower was like pure bliss... although.. at first it just felt scalding on the rest of my body while my hands and toes didn't feel anything at all... oh.. enough of my woes.. I'm alive and well.. even though I may be a drama queen about it. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment