Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Royal Easter Show - Take 2

It was rainy again today... But I had to check the fireworks and the rides out At the Show.

It was funny that as I was walking out last afternoon from here.. super drenched, one of the booth-holders called out to me saying hey Lady.. do you want to try some hoops? I'll let you try for free? I grinned and gave it a few tries.. Anything 'free' always spikes up questions.. Was it just that no one was going to buy his game in the pouring rain or was it jsut to get a well endowed woman in wet clothes to try a few jumps just fun for them boys at the booth.. who the f cares.. anything to get my mind off the cold.. lol

So today.. I was ready with a pull-over so I wouldn't get too cold.. what I wasn't ready was that it started raining as soon as I entered the Show arena.

I was feeling a little down been just dumped by Clark and didn't really feel like trying any rides.. It wasn't yet time to 'Ridin' solo' as Jason Derulo would say it. Still being in the blue.. I headed strainght over to the eatery.. The first thing I had was Cheese on Stick.. hell who'd have think of that! lol

And then.. I was taunted at by a guy selling Ned Kelly wines and spirits if I was under 18.. hell.. no one undermines me like that.. so of course I tried some of his tasters... and I shocked myself at buying one of the particularly interesting red wine spritzer with lemon and orange. Now the bottle is sitting my cupboard and making me feel even worse for no one to share it with..

After that I walked back into the rain to stop myself from doing any crazy impulsive shopping.. I played a couple of games.. one was I think playing poker by sliding cue balls into holes.. Someone won the hand with 4 aces and a king.. I should've just known not to try my Luck seeing the state I am in atm.. fired, dumped.. lost in poker.. heh.. But.. I did win at shooting targets.. Target practice.. now that is something I can kick anyone's ass at! I won a giant inflatable sword.. lol who the f cared. winnig something was just the boost I needed.


The fireworks after the show were spectacular.. I hear them every night.. but don't get to watch them from my apartment.. The night did cheer me up a bit.. But the excitement or whatever made me unable to sleep most of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment