Friday, April 3, 2015

Yoga Camp at Liverpool

Today was beautiful. It started out waking up really early by an alarm clock.. getting hurriedly ready and then attending what I can only call as one of the most profound experiences of my life... sitting so close to the Yogaguru, Swami Ramdev, who has cured a number of people of their incurable diseases and someone who some people even consider as godly in India. (almost like in Melbourne last year where I was face-to-face with Doreen and Radliegh)

The Yoga camp is held at a basketball hall in Liverpool and is 3-6April.


The drive was nice too, mostly two highways (although at one point I realized I should've taken a turn to get off the highway too late and in my conviction that if I didn't make this turn, it was going to be the end of the world, I had my car at a 90 degree angle on the road taking up 1.5 lanes.. luckily it was too early in the morning for anyone to bother or cause any serious accidents).. lol reminded me when I was almost hurt when Clark said he was never getting in a car again with me.. but guess he wasn't so wrong.. I do drive like a total jerk... but who cares.. I love it!

Got there.. waited in the cold (made a mental note of wearing something warmer the next day because I was almost freezing and kept giving myself the pep talk that I'll get warmer as I do some yoga).. The gates opned later than the scheduled time.. and my borthers and sisters formed very crooked lines to get in.. It was a sea of brunos with only 4-5 non-subcontinental people. Glad I didn't invite Clark.. A. he would so stand out (..in a cute way) and B. most of what Swamiji spoke was in Hindi. oh and did I mention C.. he dumped me!

The meditation and the yoga part was very powerful. Like I said earlier, it was a profound experience. Many people were in absolute awe to be in his presence and watching their enthusiasm made me appreciate my position too. I"m looking forward to the next three days and hope I take this up as a lifestyle rather than just done once and forgotten thing.

The drive back was beautiful! It was raining and it was still early in the morning and foggy in some places. Just beautiful.

========== update 4/4/15 ===========

Today was less crowded than yesterday and I got a better picture of Swamiji.. tomorrow I might take the camera with me.


What's interesting is that one of the organizers/teachers who walk around and assist other people came over to me and asked me if I'd like to volunteer to be a Yoga Guru and I did.. so I've signed up for this Yoga guru from the UK to come back to Sydney in December and provide us with the instructions to become a yoga teacher.. woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment